- Where's your source code?
- Whose laptop / workstation has it?
- Has your Intellectual Property been sent to Box?
- Has a salesperson copied your customer data to their gmail account?
- Has an employee sent ePHI or PCI data to a 3rd party?
- Has a Business Associate sent information to his private email account?
- Has malware encrypted your sensitive data and sent it out through an unknown channel?
- Can you inventory your data storage silos?
- Do you understand how much sensitive data sprawl is within you organization?
Defensive Controls Against Insider & Outsider Threats
DO YOU HAVE THE ANSWERS TO THE FOLLOWING:
Here are a few best practices for simple defensive controls against insider and outsider threats
- Continuous, accurate Discovery and identification of Sensitive Data
- Continuous Classification of Sensitive Data
- Continuous Monitoring of all channels / ports & endpoints with the ability to accurately prevent the exfiltration of sensitive data
- Encrypt data based on policy - blanket encryption protects the hacker
- Continuous employee and 3rd party training including business associates
Some data needs to be blocked, some just encrypted while other information can leave without any issue. Does your data protection program have the ability to accomplish this?
GTB Technologies Enterprise Data Protection that Works platform incorporates all these best practices for complete insider threat protection. Try it out