The New EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The new EU GDPR breach notification requirements mandate the increase in data monitoring, privacy data leak prevention and alerts
Do you have the controls in place?
Some important points regarding GDPR
Vast “Personal” Data Pool to include data from cookies, genetic data, IP & MAC addresses
Data Profiling will probably require explicit consent from the subjects of profiles
PII may need explicit consent for collection and processing
Outside of the EU? Activities geared towards EU residents means you are covered even if by Non EU entities.
Data Protection Officers must be designated
Breach Notifications Data authorities and consumers must be notified within 72 hours after the discovery of the breach.
- fines of up to 10,000,000 EUR or (for undertakings) 2% of total worldwide annual turnover (whichever is the greatest); or
- fines of up to 20,000,000 EUR or (for undertakings) 4% of total worldwide annual turnover (whichever is the greatest).[i]
Increased regulatory requirements mandate organizations understand and document where personal data is, who is accessing it and where it is going
GTB TECHNOLOGIES’ ABILITY TO VISUALIZE AND CONTROL SENSITIVE DATA WILL BE THE CRITICAL KEY TO AN EFFECTIVE GDPR STRATEGY
- GTB's patented Data Protection that Works Solutions answers the following GDPR requirements questions:
- Where is your sensitive data stored?
- Who is accessing it?
- Who is sending it?
- Where is this data being sent, should this data be sent?
- Delete exposed data, making sure that personal data and sensitive information is kept on a need to know access basis.
- Monitor, classify, archive and protect sensitive data - including those within scanned images
- Increase security with the most accurate data detection engine available
- Automatically alert on potential security incidents
- Establish incident response and forensics procedures
- And much more
Are you ready for the EU GDPR? Find out with a free GDPR AssessmentFree GDPR Readiness Assessment