Health Care Data Protection
The adoption of Electronic Health Records (EHR) and computerized physician order entry (CPOE) systems along with the evolving compliance requirements add to the challenge of ensuring the security of healthcare data. The decentralization & consumerization of IT now permits your patient data on shared desktops, personal laptops, smartphones, and even USB drives. This can and will put your organization at risk.
HIPAA/HITECH Regulatory Legislation with Mandatory Reporting
Federal and States Governments have signed laws and issued multiple regulations designed to protect the personal and medical data of patients. HIPAA is the most powerful of them. Every clinic, every pharmacy, every HMO or PPO, every data processing company must comply with them. In addition to steep fines, some of these laws and regulations stipulate criminal liability.
The HITECH Act, devised by Congress primarily to address electronic medical records, is being noted for its impact in adding a tough data-breach notification requirement to the long list of long-existing Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
With the increasing threat of medical identity theft looming and expanding state/federal/industry regulations regarding data security, healthcare organizations are taking steps to prevent loss or exposure of sensitive patient data.
Privacy Rule, Breach Notification Rule, Enforcement Rule, Omnibus Rule, Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act of 2015 Secs 105 – 106 … Are you ready?
GTB Technologies has worked with numerous providers and understands the distinctive requirements of healthcare organizations. Our development teams and security analysts have designed and implemented security tools which provide comprehensive data protection tools to help healthcare organization from private practices, hospitals (private & public) and payers. Some of the many advantages are:
GTB’s AccuMatch™ detection suite, recognized as having the highest accuracy in the industry, giving the GTB detection engine a virtual zero false positive and a zero false-negative rate.
Monitor and Prevent Sensitive Data Usage
Network, Advanced Endpoint Protection, eDiscovery, Data Classification, and Content-aware Digital Rights Management: GTB Technologies provides the ability to monitor and block data loss on ANY PROTOCOL / PORT (including email, IM, Web, Secure Web (HTTP over SSL), HL7, X12, FTP, P2P, and generic TCP. Advanced Endpoint protection includes storage devices such as USB drives, CD/DVDs; plus OFF-PREMISE Fingerprint detection.
Internal controls fortified
GTB Healthcare fortifies and allows organizations to demonstrate internal controls to comply with governmental requirements that mandate the establishment, documentation, and maintenance of electronic access to critical cyber assets, such as HIPAA, HITECH, Redflag Rules, PII, PCI, Omnibus Rule, Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act of 2015 Secs 105 – 106 and others.
GTB’s data protection solutions detect sensitive healthcare data (including Medical Codes*) from practice management, EHR, and clinical information systems including:
- Cerner, Eclipys
- GE, Epic, McKesson, Siemens
- Cloud-based EHR and other cloud applications
*Medical codes such as CD-9, NDC, SNOMED CT, HCPCS are covered.
Protect Electronic Health Records (EHR) while meeting compliance with HITECH, HIPAA and Meaningful Use.
Visibility: Accurately, discover sensitive data; detect and address broken business process, or insider threats including sensitive data breach attempts.
Protection: Automate data protection, breach prevention and incident response; for example, find and quarantine sensitive data within files exposed on user workstations, FileShares and cloud storage.
Notification: Alert and educate users on violations to raise awareness and educate the end user about cybersecurity and corporate policies.
Education: Start target cyber-security training; e.g., identify end-users violating policies and train them.
- Employees and organizations have knowledge of the information leaving the organization, where it is being sent, and where it is being preserved.
- Ability to allow user classification to give them influence in how the data they produce is controlled, which increases protection and end-user adoption.
- Control your data across your entire domain in one Central Management Dashboard with Universal policies.
- Many levels of control together with the ability to warn end-users of possible non-compliant – risky activities, protecting from malicious insiders and human error.
- Full data discovery collection detects sensitive data anywhere it is stored, and provides strong classification, watermarking, and other controls.
- Delivers full technical controls on who can copy what data, to what devices, what can be printed, and/or watermarked.
- Reduce the risk of fines and non-compliance.
- Protect intellectual property and corporate assets.
- Ensure compliance within industry, regulatory, and corporate policy.
- Ability to enforce boundaries and control what types of sensitive information can flow where.
- Control data flow to third parties and between business units.