Is Sharing Sensitive Data with ChatGPT Risky?
The answer is Yes.
Sharing sensitive data with ChatGPT or any other online service carries some inherent risks, and it’s important to be cautious.
Good News, GTB’s Data Security that Workstm does cover ChatGPT, so if by chance an end user posts sensitive data, including unstructured IP such as source code, to ChatGPT, GTB will detect and follow through on the policy.
Here are a few factors to consider when utilizing online services:
- Data Privacy: When sharing sensitive data with an online service, there is a potential risk of unauthorized access, data breaches, or misuse of the information. It’s essential to assess the privacy policies and security measures of the service provider to ensure they have appropriate safeguards in place.
- Encryption and Security Measures: Evaluate whether the service you are using employs encryption protocols and other security measures to protect the data during transmission and storage. Encryption can help ensure that even if the data is intercepted, it remains unreadable to unauthorized parties.
- Data Retention: Understand how long the service retains your data and whether they have policies in place for securely deleting or anonymizing the information after a certain period. Limiting data retention can reduce the risk of long-term exposure.
- Compliance and Regulations: Consider whether the service provider complies with relevant data protection regulations, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or other industry-specific requirements. Compliance with these regulations indicates a commitment to protecting user data.
- User Awareness and Practices: Users should be cautious when sharing sensitive data and ensure they don’t inadvertently disclose personally identifiable information or confidential data. Exercise good judgment and avoid sharing sensitive information unless necessary.
Delivered as a SaaS or on-premises, GTB Technologies Data Security the Workstm Cloud Native platform offers the only data security solution proven to stop data breaches. It provides real-time accuracy, reliability, and policy enforcement in one console.
If you have sensitive information on your enterprise, you need GTB –
if for no other reason than that you’ll sleep much better knowing your data is protected.
Peter Stephenson, SC Magazine
They are highly impressed with GTB’s all-in-one DLP solution and its ability to discover, classify, detect, and protect companies from threats in a seamless manner.”
We see GTB’s platform as a direct response to address this problem, and we feel it is a best-in-class solution.
Nov. 16, 2022 lkin
For these reasons, GTB is a top choice among those who take data protection seriously and is used by major players across industries, including finance, healthcare, defense contractors, and government.
GTB Data Security Benefits for SRM Admins
Visibility: Accurately, discover sensitive data; detect and address broken business process, or insider threats including sensitive data breach attempts.
Protection: Automate data protection, breach prevention and incident response both on and off the network; for example, find and quarantine sensitive data within files exposed on user workstations, FileShares and cloud storage.
Notification: Alert and educate users on violations to raise awareness and educate the end user about cybersecurity and corporate policies.
Education: Start target cyber-security training; e.g., identify end-users violating policies and train them.
Other articles you might also like:
Beyond the Hype: Unveiling the Limitations of Marketing Reports in Assessing Solution Value In the realm of technology, marketing reports such as Market